Indoor air quality is as simple as it sounds! It’s the quality of your air in a structured place, for example your home or office. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, the average person spends 90% of their time indoors. The quality of the air inside your home or workplace can affect your health, comfort and could be damaging your HVAC unit. Depending on what kind of condition your indoor air is in, it could be worse for you than outdoor pollution.
It’s extremely important that you are doing everything you can to make sure that your indoor air quality is not harmful and your home is getting proper ventilation. Poor indoor air quality can cause huge health concerns and cost you more money in the long run. Without proper maintenance on your HVAC unit, your indoor air quality can become worse and eventually hurt your unit. If you want cleaner, healthier indoor air, we can help supply and install the latest air filtration systems, air decontaminating UV lamps, dehumidifiers, and humidifiers.
We also wanted to provide you with some DIY tips to help improve your indoor air quality!
DIY Tips to Improve Indoor Air Quality:
- Air Filters: Changing your air filters is one of the best ways to keep the air in your home healthy. Make reminders for yourself every month to change your air filters or, if you have re-usable filters, to clean them. Not only does changing your air filters help improve your indoor air quality, but it will also help you save on your next bill!
- Dust and Vacuum: Normal household tasks, like dusting and vacuuming, can help improve your indoor air quality greatly. Try dusting with a wet rag instead of a feather duster to make sure that the dust doesn’t spread or just fly back up in the air! Another tip while you’re vacuuming is to set your thermostat fan setting on, so that you’ll vacuum up the dust from any dusty air filters instead of sending it back into your home!
- Air Filtering Plants: Did you know that some plants actually help filter the air in your home? A few plants that could help improve your indoor air quality are English Ivy, Bamboo Palm, and Gerber Daisies!
Need more tips or have more questions about what you can do to make sure the air you and your family are breathing is as healthy as possible? Give us a call – we’re here to help!
There are a lot of HVAC companies and technicians out there, so how can you be sure to choose the right one? Selecting a service provider can be quite overwhelming, and it’s often difficult to know exactly what to look for when making a decision. Many homeowners have benefited from relying on certifications from the North American Technician Excellence (NATE) to ensure high quality service.
When hiring a NATE certified technician, you can be sure that you are receiving help from the most reliable professionals in the industry.
They will save you time. The certification processes tests a technician’s ability to handle a broad range of complicated situations. With this comprehensive experience, NATE certified professionals are able to quickly identify an issue’s source and solution.
They will save you money. NATE certified technicians are trained to optimize efficiency. Keeping your heating and cooling systems running at peak-efficiency levels will allow you to limit energy waste and save money on utility costs.
They will give you peace of mind. NATE is the top certification program for HVAC service providers, and their measurements of quality are extremely influential. With NATE’s seal of approval, you can rest assured that your home will be in good hands.
When it comes to your home, you should always prioritize high quality. Take the guesswork out of finding a service provider, and choose a certified NATE technician, like those here at M&M Mechanical, Inc.
With so many heating and air conditioning contractors out there, choosing one that you can trust can be an overwhelming task. At M&M Mechanical, we pride ourselves on being one of the most respected businesses in our industry and take pride in the services we provide to our customers. Here are few things that set us apart from the rest:
- We’re Experienced. It has been our pleasure to serve our customers in Northern Virginia and the Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area for over 35 years now. As a family-owned business, our customers are our number one priority and we understand how important it is to keep your family happy and safe. We provide ongoing in-house training so that all members of our team will stay current on advancements in technology and equipment and will be able to provide you with the best customer service.
- We’re Always Available. It’s not something we like to think about, but emergencies do happen. Rest assured that our phones are monitored after hours and you will be able to reach one of our Service Technicians to talk to you and try to help you.
- We’re Certified. Everyone on our team is factory-trained and NATE-certified. NATE certification ensures that all of our technicians have the knowledge and skills to properly care for all of your HVAC needs. When working with NATE certified technicians, you can rest assured that your HVAC system will be properly installed, thoroughly examined, and perform at maximum efficiency – saving you time and money!
- We Price Right. At M&M Mechanical, we don’t want you spending more than you have to. We offer free equipment replacement estimates and perform all of our repairs on a flat-rate basis, meaning you’ll know up front what a service will cost. Additionally, we offer financing and a variety of specials to all of our loyal customers.
Call us to learn more about our services and what makes M&M Mechanical one of the HVAC industry’s best contractors!
With summer ending in about a month, it’s time to get your HVAC unit to switch gears and prepare for the cooler season. By now, your AC has been running at full capacity for a few months with this hot summer we’ve been having in the area, so these next few weeks are the perfect time to make sure that the summer treated your unit well!
Maintenance on your unit ensures that you’re getting the most out of your HVAC system. It’s recommended to get your unit checked out twice a year.
Regular maintenance on your unit not only helps improve the quality of the air you breathe, but it will also prolong the life of your unit, which in the end will save you money. Preventative maintenance on your unit will help avoid any problems that could occur during the winter, when you need your heating system most! During our maintenance checkups, we will check the filters and voltage, adjust burners, inspect the condenser coil and much more!
To minimize future repair bills, consider a maintenance agreement with M&M Mechanical, Inc. Our trained technicians can provide you with a comprehensive plan to provide preventive and predictive maintenance to help you keep all your HVAC equipment running efficiently.
M&M Mechanical is proud to be a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer, and we want to make sure you know why! There are three words that define what it means to be recognized as a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer: Done. Right. Guaranteed.
Factory Authorized Dealers get the work DONE expertly, efficiently and professionally. We’ve earned and kept this distinction through performing to rigorous national standards consistently and continually. We also participate in regular, extensive factory training so we know the ins and outs of installation, maintenance and repair of all Carrier equipment. All Factory Authorized Dealers also adhere to a long list of sound business practices.
We take pride in doing the job RIGHT: right technically, with the right parts, right for the environment, and right by you. Our NATE-certified technicians have passed a rigorous course of core and specialty exams to ensure their technical competency, and we adhere to Carrier installation and service procedures, ensuring that your system will perform as promised. We are committed to treating our customers right, which is why we always want to know how we’ve done in your home.
Carrier is so confident that you’ll be happy with us as a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer, that they back it up with a 100% satisfaction guarantee: if, for any reason, you are dissatisfied with your Carrier equipment within a year of the installation date, we will correct the problem or remove the equipment and refund your purchase price… GUARANTEED.
We know that you demand superior service and you expect superior quality. That’s why we here at M&M Mechanical are proud to be a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer.