Are you having troubles with your air conditioning unit, and do you think that you might need someone to perform AC repair in your home? Don’t panic if that is the case. Instead, stay calm and start looking for a reliable HVAC company to come examine your air conditioning unit.
There are several factors that you will want to consider when choosing a company to work with, and you will want to do your research beforehand to ensure that you are satisfied with the work that is done. Taking your time to find a trustworthy company will give you peace of mind knowing that your unit is in good hands whenever a problem arises.
Three Things to Look For in an AC Repair Company:
- Honesty. Make sure that the contractor you select will not overcharge you and is honest about the repairs that your unit requires. Hire someone who you feel is trustworthy. It doesn’t hurt to ask for references from the company and ask your friends and family if there is anyone they would recommend. Chances are, if they have had a good experience with someone, so will you.
- Experience. It takes skill and years of experience and training for someone to master these kinds of repairs. If you know that that a company has done this before, and that they have done it well, then you can feel good having them work to fix the problems in your home. Ask about certifications and licensing before you decide on a company to work with.
- Customer Service. Just as important as having the job done right is working with someone who is understanding and friendly. Though it may seem trivial, working with someone who has good customer service skills will help you to feel more comfortable with having them in your home and trusting them to return in the future.
These are just a few important things to keep in mind when selecting an HVAC company to work with.
Here at M&M Mechanical, Inc., we pride ourselves on our professionalism and skilled technicians. Give us a call today to learn more about the services we offer.
Spring is in the air and those hot humid days of summer are not too far behind. This means it’s time to pay some attention to your air conditioning unit. Homeowners who neglect to schedule a regular air conditioning tune-up are often those whose units unexpectedly break down during some of the most uncomfortable times of the year.
For the small expense of a professional tune-up, breakdowns can be avoided; your unit will have a longer lifespan, and operate safely and more efficiently, thus saving you money on energy costs.
A Thorough Tune-Up Includes the Following:
- Install gauges and check operation pressures.
- Check voltage and amperage to all motors with meter.
- Check air temperature drop across evaporator.
- Check for adequate refrigerant charge.
- Check filters.
- Check safety switches.
- Turn exposed dampers to cooling position, if marked.
- Check starting contactor contacts.
- Check all wiring and connections.
- Check thermostat calibration.
- Check air temperature across condenser.
- Check that condensate drain is open.
- Check total performance and operating efficiency of cooling system.
These are just the main checks that will be carried out by a reliable HVAC technician, like the ones here at M&M Mechanical, Inc. While you can and should regularly change the air filter yourself, you need a trained technician to give your unit a through work over to protect it and the quality of your indoor air – and save you money.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Does your furnace keep blowing its fuse? If so, it’s time for some maintenance and possibly some furnace repair. The main reasons you are having likely this problem are as follows:
If your furnace hasn’t been regularly cleaned and maintained, it will have been steadily accumulating dust, debris, and dead insects. Over time, dirt building up in the air filter can transfer itself to the blower motor, resulting in the motor overheating and blowing the fuse. The fuse itself can become so coated with grime that the connection will break. All of this is preventable with regular service of your furnace.
2. Loose Wiring
Vibrations from a working furnace can loosen an internal wire and result in a short. Finding, tightening, or replacing loose wires is not a do-it-yourself job. Prevention is the best policy – have your system inspected and tuned up on a regular basis.
3. Old or Faulty Parts
These may include the following:
• Blower Motor – When a blower motor is failing, it tends to draw too much power which may result in a short.
• Starting Capacitor – A failing capacitor can result in intermittent electrical problems.
• Transformer – The transformer, which runs the ignition, timers, and controls, is necessary to convert the system to run on the correct voltage. If it is worn and not working properly, it can cause a short.
• Valves – When a valve in a gas furnace is unable to open and close efficiently, it can overheat, causing an electrical short and a blown fuse.
Don’t give yourself a headache by trying to fix furnace problems yourself. You can save yourself from blowing your own fuse by arranging for regular maintenance of your furnace. Give us a call to get on a regular schedule!
Living somewhere where the temperature dips down below zero can be difficult, especially if you are used to living in a warmer climate. While you may not have much experience relying on the heater due to the warmer weather where you once lived, you need to get familiar with what kinds of steps to take to ensure your comfort and safety.
In fact, a poorly maintained furnace can lead to your home becoming unbearably cold – leading to a potential disaster if there is a storm and the weather dips below zero.
Make Visits with a Heating Contractor a Habit
One of the biggest mistakes people make regarding their heater is only contacting a professional heating contractor when there’s a problem. Basic maintenance should always be done by a heating contractor in order for it to be done right, but it’s important to also remember how important basic maintenance is. In many cases, people forgo basic maintenance such as replacing filters end cleaning out the interior, leading to simple problems that could’ve been avoided.
Get Answers for Any Questions You Have
Since you may not be familiar with how to care for your furnace, it’s important that you know the basics of how to at least use it. By contacting the heating contractor and having them visit your home, you can get instructions on how to properly use it and have any pressing questions answered so that you can use it the way it should be.
Solutions to Any Problems
Your heater may not be performing as well as it should, making it important for you to get a contractor to your home. With their help, your heater can be tuned up so it performs well.
If you’re new to the area, make sure to give us a call to get on a regular maintenance program for your HVAC unit – you’ll be happy you did!
Betsy has been with M&M Mechanical, Inc. for 29 years. She is a tremendous asset to our company, and her dedication is a huge contribution to our success. We can always count on Betsy to come through for us and keep everything going.
Thank you, Betsy, for your hard work, dedication and loyalty through the years.