Winter is here and heating season is upon us. Is your heating system ready to carry you through the season?
Now is a great time to have your heating system inspected and “tuned up” so that it doesn’t let you down on a cold winter’s night. In fact, you should make it part of your autumn routine to have a professional perform maintenance on your heating system, just as you have your car tuned up and the oil changed regularly. Here’s checklist of things you can do yourself or with help from a heating professional:
- Change your heater’s air filter as recommended by the manufacturer. This will keep your system from having to work too hard, save energy, and extend its life.
- If your heating system is old, you should think about replacing it with a new, more efficient model. You’ll cut monthly fuel consumption and lower your bill.
- If you don’t have a programmable thermostat, consider getting one. Then, you can set it to turn the heat down while you’re at work or away, and at night while you sleep, and turn it back up before you’re due back home or before you get up in the morning.
- If you have a ceiling fan, reverse the switch so that air flows up, toward the ceiling. This will force warm air back down to the living area, where it’s needed.
- Make sure all of your heating vents are open and not blocked by furniture to ensure that warm air is distributed evenly through your home.
Call M&M Mechanical, Inc. We’ve got the credentials to ensure quality service, and a reputation you can trust. We also offer 24/7 emergency service, which is an absolute essential when it comes to a problem with your heating system! Give us a call today at (703) 751-1011.