Posted by & filed under Heating.

Each year, there are issues that pop up that mean homeowners pay more than they should for furnace repair. An ounce of prevention gives a pound of cure, as the old saying goes, and this is especially true for a furnace. However, the reason you need to schedule a home heating service tune-up this fall might surprise you. To get a better understanding of why a simple inspection and maintenance session with your local heating repair specialist is so important, keep reading.

Winter is the worst time for ordering parts

Too often, homeowners and businesses are waiting on a replacement part for a repair, and the shipment is held up due to the holidays or bad weather. Unfortunately, since there is no central heat while the part is on order, there will need to be extra space heaters used to keep pipes from freezing. Alternatively, forming a relationship with a local heating repair contractor will give them a chance to tune-up your machine so it is less likely to give out during winter. In some cases, if there is a part that looks like it might break in the near future, your heating contractor can pre-order the part so you are less likely to be left without heating.

Let us help you with your furnace tune-up

At M&M Mechanical, we are dedicated to helping each of our customers get the full value of their heater by providing the required regular inspections and maintenance. Thank you in advance for choosing us, and we look forward to hearing from you. Contact us today for more information.

7 Responses to “The Reason You Need Heating Service Tune-Ups Before Winter”

1. Ashley Turns

My husband and I are going to have our residential heating system repaired and we’re wondering what ways we can take care of it in the future. So thanks for the suggestion that we make sure to make friends with our contractor so that they’ll be more willing to keep our system in check. I’m sure both my husband and I want to avoid having to live without residential heating during the winter, so we’ll be sure to discuss our contractor coming in for a tune-up before winter hits.

2. Callum Palmer

I agree, it is a pretty terrible idea to wait until the middle of winter before you actually try to get your heater repaired. After all, that is when demand is most high for people needing to get their heaters patched up. By choosing to get it done during the fall, or even during the summer, you are guaranteeing that you can at least get it done within a reasonable amount of time.

3. Kenneth Gladman

I never thought of having your contractor pre order parts that may break in the future. We get really nasty and cold winters where I live so this is a useful tip. I will have to find a reliable contractor that can do this for me.

4. Bethany Birchridge

I never took into account that buying new heater parts in the winter could increase the time you are without heat due to holidays and weather. This last winter our heating actually went out. I’ll be sure to share these tips with my dad, so we can avoiding “camping” in the house again. Thanks for the great article!

5. Elsa Anderson

You make a great point that you should make heating and furnace repairs before winter so that you are prepared and it will be easier to order the parts that you need. My husband and I need to repair our furnace and we are thinking about hiring an HVAC contractor to do the repairs for us. We will make sure to hire a contractor who has a lot of experience and the proper credentials to provide the repairs.

6. Todd Stauffer

I like how you said that have a good relationship with a heating service means that you could get your machine tuned-up instead of waiting for parts. My wife and I are trying to think of ways that we can start to become more prepared for adverse weather conditions. Getting our heating and A/C unit tuned up regularly seems like a good way to do that so we are more comfortable in adverse times.

7. Max Sayer

Recently I have been thinking about getting my furnace looked at because it is not as effective as it used to be. I really appreciated how this article talked about how having a local heating repair contractor to tune-up your machine so it is less likely to give out during winter. This is a great idea to make sure that the pipes don’t freeze.