Posted by & filed under General Tips.

Are you having troubles with your air conditioning unit, and do you think that you might need someone to perform AC repair in your home? Don’t panic if that is the case. Instead, stay calm and start looking for a reliable HVAC company to come examine your air conditioning unit.

There are several factors that you will want to consider when choosing a company to work with, and you will want to do your research beforehand to ensure that you are satisfied with the work that is done. Taking your time to find a trustworthy company will give you peace of mind knowing that your unit is in good hands whenever a problem arises.

Three Things to Look For in an AC Repair Company:

1. Honesty. Make sure that the contractor you select will not overcharge you and is honest about the repairs that your unit requires. Hire someone who you feel is trustworthy. It doesn’t hurt to ask for references from the company and ask your friends and family if there is anyone they would recommend. Chances are, if they have had a good experience with someone, so will you.
  2. Experience. It takes skill and years of experience and training for someone to master these kinds of repairs. If you know that that a company has done this before, and that they have done it well, then you can feel good having them work to fix the problems in your home. Ask about certifications and licensing before you decide on a company to work with.
  3. Customer Service. Just as important as having the job done right is working with someone who is understanding and friendly. Though it may seem trivial, working with someone who has good customer service skills will help you to feel more comfortable with having them in your home and trusting them to return in the future.

These are just a few important things to keep in mind when selecting an HVAC company to work with.

Here at M&M Mechanical, Inc., we pride ourselves on our professionalism and skilled technicians. Give us a call today to learn more about the services we offer.

34 Responses to “Look For These 3 Things in an AC Repair Company”

1. Burt Silver

I agree that it is really important to find an AC repair company that is honest. It is a great idea to ask for references, like you mentioned, to see if previous customers were satisfied with their service. The AC in our home broke down at the end of the summer. Luckily, we don’t need it during the winter, but we want to get it fixed before summer comes again. We will definitely be looking for these qualities.

2. Jade Brunet

I did not realize that it takes skill and years of experience for a person to master HVAC repairs. I also appreciate what was said about asking about certifications and licensing before hiring an HVAC contractor. Finding out about the workers communication skills would also be a smart thing to do. Getting questions answered during maintenance visits would be worth it.

3. Harper Campbell

It’s good to know that when it comes to finding an AC repair service that there somethings we need to look for in buying the right one. I like how you mentioned that we need to look for someone that has a lot of experience, which will really helpful so we can feel like the job will be done right. This will really help us be able to narrow down which one will be best for us to use.

4. Ridley Fitzgerald

These are some great tips for hiring a good HVAC contractor. I like how you said that it really takes years of experience to master working with one of these systems. When we have someone come fix the rattling in ours, I’ll find one with a ton of experience!

5. Finley Moreira

It’s good to know that it is appropriate for me to ask for references when choosing an HVAC company. My current system is in need of some repairs, and I really think contacting references would go a long way in building my trust in an HVAC technician. How many references do you think I ought to ask for?

6. Ernest London

I like that you mentioned to find an AC company that has a lot of experience in the industry. That way, you know they will have the knowledge and skills to fix any issue, because they have probably seen it before. I need to find a company to help me repair my heating system before it gets too cold this year. I will keep this in mind as I search.

7. Ashley Turns

I like your suggestion to find an air conditioner repair company that has some great customer service so that you will feel more comfortable with them. Our AC hasn’t been working properly so we are looking for a great service to fix it. Since I will want to get along and feel comfortable with the air conditioner repair company we choose, I will make sure to find one that has fantastic customer service.

8. Jack Duff

I like that you mentioned to make sure the company you choose has a lot of experience in the industry. It makes sense that it would take years to master AC repairs, because they seem pretty complicated. I need to find an HVAC company to help me get my heater fixed before the winter comes. I will keep this in mind as I search, thanks!

9. Bethany Birchridge

It makes sense that you will want to make sure that the ac repair service you hire has the proper licensing and credentials. I’ve also heard that you want to make sure they are insured, so that if any accidents do happen, you won’t have to pay extra. I live in an older home, so I want to get my AC looked at before summer. I’ll be sure to keep these tips in mind.

10. Burt Silver

I like what you said about customer service and how it’s important that the AC repair company is friendly and understanding. That is definitely important to me so that they don’t misunderstand what my needs are. I’ve been having AC issues and I can’t seem to figure out what the problem is. I’ll have to get in touch with a professional that can help me.

11. Gary Puntman

I agree that honesty is important when looking for an AC repair company. You want to make sure they will tell you everything you need to have repaired, without over charging you. I like that you suggested asking them for references, like you suggested too.

12. Monica Chavez

I love your tip to try and find a contractor who is honest and will not overcharge you or mislead you about the repairs that your unit needs. The air conditioning in my home recently broke, and with summer coming up so quickly I really want to get it fixed as soon as possible so I don’t have to endure the summer heat. I’ll definitely look for a company that will help solve my problem and be honest in the process. Thanks for the tips.

13. Ridley Fitzgerald

It’s great to learn more about finding an AC repair company. Our AC unit has been blowing warm air for a few days, so this is good to know. We’ll be sure to find someone with years of experience, like you said.

14. Amanda Drew

I like how you point out that you should ask about things like licenses and certifications. My AC has started to make some banging noises when I turn it on, and I’m worried about it. Your tips should help me find an AC repair service for me.

15. Burt Silver

These are really good things to look for in an AC repair company. Honesty and especially customer service are really important to me so that I can effectively communicate with the AC repairman and find out what is really going on with my AC unit. Recently, my AC unit has been giving me problems and I don’t know how to fix it, so finding a good AC repairman that can help me with this is important to me.

16. Rosie Beckett

I appreciate that you say when choosing an HVAC repair company you should make sure to hire someone who is recommended by family and friends because this shows that they are trustworthy and honest. My husband and I have noticed that our air conditioner is not working very well and we want it to be fixed before the heat of summer. We will make sure to find a contractor who has years of experience and training because this will show that they have a good understanding of how to fix any HVAC problems.

17. Tiffany Locke

Your recommendation to find an honest AC repair contractor to ensure that they’ll tell you what is needed to fix your unit and not overcharge you is a good idea. I also like your advice to ask your friends in order to find one. You could also check online reviews for the local contractors in order to find one with a good reputation that offers the type of AC repairs you need for the unit you own.

18. Hannah Neilson

Thanks for the tip about finding an HVAC contractor who is certified and licensed. Finding someone with this kind of experience would help show that they will do quality work. My husband and I are looking for someone to come run some regular maintenance for our AC system before summer, so we’ll have to check their license first.

19. Alexandria Martinez

I have been thinking about getting an AC service for my home since we have been having some issues. It would be nice to know that we are getting the best possible help. My fiance and I will be sure to look into their customer service.

20. Mina Edinburgh

I do agree with you that it takes years of experience in order to master the art of HVAC repairs, so if I hear that the company has done it before and did a good job, then I can rest assured. I will be sure to check every single thing that I can check to make sure that the potential contractor is experienced then. After all, the unit that needs to be repaired is fairly expensive, and I want only the best to work on it.

21. Candice Eisenhower

I like when you said that we should consider a repairman who is willing to go above and beyond his scope of support to provide exemplary service in repairing an air conditioning equipment for his client. It is because a smooth flow of communication makes it easy to identify what the issue is, what needs to be done, and the costs that the customer will be paying for in total. There is no better way that to have business with someone who communicates effectively with his clients and I will certainly include this in my criteria in choosing a professional in repairing or maintaining my air conditioning unit at home.

22. Candice Eisenhower

You made a good point about seeking the AC repairman’s certification and license before agreeing to make the repairs for you; this is because we wanted to be sure that we’re dealing with someone with an extensive education, training, and experience in performing AC repairs to bear long-lasting results. Speaking of, my brother’s AC at home broke and he was looking for someone who can have it fixed in no time. I’ll help him find someone who is an expert and certified in AC repairs to ensure fast and efficient service.

23. Rosie Beckett

It has been extremely hot this summer and our air conditioner recently stopped working, so we want to find a quality repair company as quickly as possible! I appreciate that you say to find a contractor that has years of experience and training because this shows that they will provide quality work. Also, I want to find a company that provides a warranty with their repair because this shows me that they stand behind the quality of their service and gives me peace of mind in case there are issues in the future with the air conditioner.

24. Hector Uba

Finding a company that has experience is an important part of finding a good company. I would imagine that the longer you are in the field the more stuff you see and the better and faster you can repair it. My mom is in need of an AC repair company; I will be sure to share these tips with her.

25. Arya Smith

I totally agree when you said that the company that we should be hiring must have a good customer service because it will make us feel comfortable with their presence. I will keep that in mind when I start looking for an AC repair company tomorrow because there is no man in our family, so it is important for us to feel comfortable with them. We just needed to get our AC checked because it hasn’t been giving enough coldness in our house since Sunday.

26. Ken Hwan

I totally agree that working with somebody who has good customer service skills can build your trust in them working on your house. My wife and I recently moved into a new house, and we have been trying to find an HVAC contractor who can take a look at our water pressure. I will be sure to talk to any potential contractors in person to see how they interact with people.

27. Taylor Anderson

I agree that you will want to ask friends and family for referrals, as it will help you find an honest AC company. My air conditioning has been acting up lately, so these tips will help me find a great service to help me. Is there anything else I should keep in mind?

28. Taylor Anderson

My AC has been making a weird buzzing noise, so I’ve been looking for a great air conditioning contractor to take a look at it. It was helpful when you said that I should make sure the AC contractor I hire is certified and licensed, as it will prove they have the proper experience to be doing the job. Thanks for all the great tips on how to hire an air conditioning contractor.

29. Raymond Cooper

I’m looking at having someone come out and take a look at my AC unit since it started making some weird noises. I like how you point out the need to make sure I hire someone licensed and certified. I’ll make sure to pay attention to this since I definitely want to have someone experienced handle my repairs.

30. Ville A

Hey,
    I agree with you. Customer service is important in order to tackle reappearing problems. In many cases the professional can advise you on how to fix some minor problems yourself and so avoid calling the service when they really are not needed. This way you might be able to save some money.